13/12/11

All Those Cheap Brushes ^^ (Part 1)

Several days ago, someone commented my post here and requested me to review about brushes I have.
She is interested because my brushes are cheap and look pretty good for her.
So, for you named Naomi, here's my review about all those cheap brushes ^^.


So, these are brushes I have so far...




Still needs improvement actually =.="

Well, my brushes all are cheap synthetic brushes. To be honest, I don't have budget for buying expensive brushes because I'm still a college student even a scholar. You know that most scholars don't even have enough budget for education so we apply for scholarship. I don't have much money moreover to have this kind of things T.T. So, picking some cheap brushes is the only sollution for now, but I am quite pleasant that the qualities are considered good for me. It's enough for now and I'll repurchase the better and more expensive ones later after I can earn money from working ^^.

For know, I would like to review some face brushes I have...

Fenling Stipple Brush


This brush I purchased from a cosmetic store in Blok M. It costs Rp20.000,-. I bought it because I want to try applying foundation using stipple brush. According to a makeup tutorial video I watched, using stipple brush makes smooth and flawless result of foundation. I have tried using this once, really flawless ^^ but it took more time and effort to do because I had to stipple the foundation to whole of face =.=". 
The bristles are soft and don't easily fall off. They also don't scrath my skin. The good thing about this brush is, when I washed it using liquid soap (I don't have brush cleanser yet) and it didn't damage or swell the bristles. They are still nice and soft^^. 

No Brand Fan Brush


I bought this brush as the complement for my brush collection. Actually I don't really need this brush. This brush I purchased from a store in Pasar Baru for Rp15.000,-. The bristles are so soft XD. It sweeps the  excess of eyeshadow on cheek well. I haven't wash this brush since I rarely use it.

Malijiaer Powder/Blush Brush


If you like to visit Stroberi Accessories, you may find this brush. It costs Rp17.000,- there. I often hear that Maljiaer is a quite good cheap brush brand from China. Yes, it is! I use this for applying loose powder but IMO, this brush is too flat so I need brush with round shaped bristles like kabuki brush for loose powder. It is more suitable as blush applicator so I change the function ^^. The bristles are so soft and don't easily fall off. I have washed it for several times and the bristles are still so soft and not swelled. I'm thinking to restock this brush XD.

Jen Hongni Brush with Cap


This brush is my most favorite of all! The bristles are so soft and it's good for applying loose powder. It makes the powder spead easily onto entire part of face. It is also equipped by cap for the hygiene. I use this mostly and I have washed it for several times. It's still as good as the first time bought ^^. I got it from a cosmetic store in ITC Kuningan for Rp40.000,-. I have also seen this brush is sold at Stroberi Mall Taman Anggrek for Rp50.000,-. So, if you are lazy to go to cosmetic store, you can visit Stroberi ^^.

No Brand Foundation Brush


I bought this brush from the same store where I purchased the fan brush above. It's really cheap, only Rp6.000,-. This brush is not too good but not too bad also. The good thing about it is the bristles are strong and good. It's also still good after several times washed. The bad thing about it is the layer of synthetic bristles is too thin. It should be thicker IMO because when it is wet of foundation, the bristles begin to seperate into sections. It makes lines on foundation applied and needs more time to evenout.  I think I shoud buy another foundation brush for more time efficiency and practicality issue XD.

Well, that's all my review of those brushes.
I still have other cheap brushes to review.
So, stay tuned! ^^

4 komentar:

  1. wow good brush collection!
    I also love those brushes from stoberi :D
    they quite cheap yet doing the work nicely ^_^

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. hehhe..actually my collection still needs improvement.. a lot..
      yes, i agree that some of the brushes from stoberi are good, soft and cheap ^^
      but if i have money, i will try the more expensive brushes ^^

      Hapus
  2. Hai..
    Kamu sudah ditag di http://bella-kiranasafira.blogspot.com/2012/02/tag-post-11-random-things-about-me.html

    Tolong di post yaaa..

    BalasHapus